Looking for Love

Is He right? Do I need more love than the average girl? Am I unhappy unless I am completely wrapped up and absorbed in someone's love and affection?

Am I needier than I should be?

Perhaps. I remember my profound dissatisfaction with my vanilla relationships. Something was always missing, and not just the spanking. Some sort of emotional comfort and security. I have been in love before, but it was never enough. I always wanted more - more devotion, more attention, more of whatever it was that I wasn't getting.

I've been single and I consider myself independent. But when I met my Owner, I knew that He was what I had been looking for all along. His overflowing heart and boundless affection were perfect for me. He has never been afraid to express how much He loves me and I've never felt like my ardor was too much either.

So, at the end of the day, I guess it doesn't matter if I need too much love. My owner and I are giving (and getting) exactly what we need from each other. But maybe I'm not alone out there, readers? Do those submissively-inclined among you see yourselves as needing more love?

4 comments:

TrueBlue said...

I'm not sure that I need more love, per se. I *definitely* need more attention than I think the average girl does, particularly in a kinky kind of relationship. I think that has something to do with the fact that it's easy to feel insecure as a submissive. I, too, would consider myself fairly independent, but I function much better when I'm in a relationship. Maybe that's because being in a relationship provides more opportunities to love and be loved - but I think it has more to do with the fact that I feel more secure and cared for. And that kind of feeling is always nice to have. Very interesting post! :)

Jz said...

If he's not afraid to give that much then you shouldn't hesitate to take it! Life is too short.

(btw- my latest post is sort of a corollary to this. Take a peek and see what you think.)

Anonymous said...

Yes :)

Bunny said...

I'm pretty similar; I always think of myself as being independent in most aspects of my life, but when it comes down to relationships, especially of this variety, it can be such a relief to let go and not have to always be the head strong/thinking one. I do feel like in a 'vanilla' relationship, I would have to remind myself to not be so needy. I think I'd still pine for the attention, and the freedom to express it though!