While I Was Gone

I have returned, but I'm not up to blogging just yet. I won't see Him until tonight and I'll continue to feel unsettled until we have a chance to truly reconnect.

I want to address some nastiness that cropped up while I was away. I know that by sharing this portion of my life in the public sphere, I open myself up to a certain amount of criticism. I welcome disagreements with my perspective, but I will not tolerate harassment or name-calling in this place that has, until now, been such a refuge for me.

I will not go into the accuracy of any of the comments themselves because those comments were factually misinformed. He and I know the truth about our relationship, its progress and what we share. I will not stop writing in this space, even though retreating in the face of an attack seems like a small comfort right now.

Instead, I am forced to return to moderated comments for the time being. To those of you who have constructively commented over these past few months, I hope that this will not discourage you from continuing to do so. If you would like to contact me privately, my e-mail is in my profile.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kitten,
I'm glad you are back!!!! I didn't see you had any mean comments and I'm sorry that happened. I really enjoyed your last post, have been busy so I haven't commented. Take care of yourself!
Tex

Anonymous said...

There are always some who ruin it for others aren't there.

I hope that you had a good trip and enjoy reconnecting with him.

Post soon Kitten.

Anonymous said...

You go girl!
Carly

Little Girl said...

I guess I missed all the drama, but good for you, standing up for yourself. Thank you for sharing with us Kitten and looking forward to your next post.

swordfish155 said...

'twer that there was some way to not allow anonymous idiots to pollute the blogosphere---same thing happened to a blogger I knew named elle of elle's desire, and she's just gone.

Tarrah Betts said...

Ahhh...trolls. Tell them to save their breath, they'll need it later to blow up their date.

HeeHee :P

Kitten said...

Hi everyone,

For those of you who missed the drama, count yourselves lucky. There's nothing like being called a whore by someone you used to care about to really ruin your day.

I'll be posting again soon and will (hopefully) be putting this mess behind me.

-Kitten